Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Welcome!


Welcome to Sport Marketing Discussion Blog. I have previously started several other blogs, and in a short time discontinued them. I have found the blogging universe to be incredibly saturated nowadays, specifically the sports blogosphere, so I knew that if I was going to blog about something, it would have to be about something that isn't overly discussed online. That is not to diminish the vastly popular industry of sports marketing, but just to satisfy my own needs to discuss marketing as it pertains to sports, my ideas, and to collect my thoughts. I plan on getting into this business, so I may as well write down my ideas, opinions, and spins on current events in this industry.


Anything that affects the sport marketing, I would like to discuss here, from player personnal transactions to stadium construction plans. Next to the players on the field, ice rink, or court, marketers have just as much responsibility in making sure that there are people in the stands, watching on tv, wearing merchandise, and seeing value in all of that.